Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Not Too Wrapped Up in her Principles to Have a Good Time


This is an oil I did quite a while back for the Mall Images series. Another fabricated environment ... inspired by but not really based on a real environment.... I collaged about 15 photos together to get the 3 by 5 thumbnail that I then based the painting on.... once upon a time, I used to use tinted plastic report covers to alter the contrast and color tint in the photo cutouts. The final painting is about 20 by 36. I miss painting in oil.... acrylic somehow doesnt have the same appeal for me- its just not as fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger TYREE DILLIHAY said...

Weird painting...in a good way...you know what I mean?

And, yes, I know what "you" mean about those damn acrylics. I hate that stuff. I'm with you, nose up scoffing at the plastic pigments. aha!

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home