Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Invitation


Well, OK, hello, everybody, I'm back Blogging again... after some minor distractions like getting married and buying a house and honeymooning overseas, class reunions, receptions, etc etc. Now that those little distractions are out of the way, I'm back on it again... hopefully at a slightly more relaxed pace.

This image, which was our wedding invitation, was initially based on a WWII vintage movie poster. This image first started as a sketch on paper, then the final artwork was created entirely in Photoshop with probably 40-45 layers. Painted with a Cintiq tablet. I found it best to not think about how to get the old lithograph style in the painting.... I had thought about it for quite a while when I was researching old posters and eventually I just started one night (because our deadline was fast approaching) and never really thought about the litho element of the look. It helps me to be in a rush because I don't waste time overthinking or second guessing anything. It was a fun project because it came together pretty fast once I started painting.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jupey said...

who are you again? oh yeah that guy who USED to blog..yes yes it's all coming back...man this piece is absolutely nothing short of astounding. truly amazing! now, about that foosball tiebreaker...(congrats on the wedding!)

6:36 AM  
Blogger Anne-arky said...

Hahaha! That is awesome! Best invitation ever. :)

3:35 PM  
Blogger Steve Ahn said...

awesome! haha

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home